Do I need to install any software to use Remote Access?
Yes, you will need the Citrix Receiver application, however you will be prompted to install this during the login process.
If you are having trouble accessing applications in Remote Access, please follow the relevant Citrix Receiver guide below:
If you are having trouble accessing the applications in Remote Access on the web (//ra.uclan.ac.uk), please follow the guide below:
What services can I access?
The following services are available on Remote Access:
- Connect2 - Booking system for Specialist Lab Equipment, such as editing or recording studios
- Daily and weekly timetables - Access to your daily and weekly timetables
- eLearn (Blackboard) - Used to access your course materials and services such as turnitin
- My Files - This gives access to your files saved on the UCLan Network
- MyUCLan - Student services software, login here to enrol, update personal information and access grades
What applications can I access?
The following software is available on Remote Access:
- Adobe Acrobat Reader DC - Allows you to open, save and read PDF files
- Fast Folders 2 - Used by students to upload non standard files that cannot be uploaded via turnitin
- Web Browsers - Internet Explorer 11, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome are available. These are internet browsers you can use to browse the intranet as if you were on campus, certain electronic resources require you to do this if we only have a subscription for on campus use
- Microsoft Office 2016 Applications - Applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
- Minitab 18 - Statistical analysis software
- Read&Write 11 - Accessibility tool
- SPSS V25 - Statistical analysis software
Printing and using screen reader
You should be able to print to the default printer attached to the computer you are using. Please make sure that the printer is switched on before you login to Remote Access.
Using Remote Access (Citrix) with a screen reader
You can use Remote Access with the Window Eyes screen reader.
Please contact LIS Customer Support if you need any assistance with this.